Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 1...OBESE Cheeks




Holla! Today is Day One after surgery. I am doing better than yesterday but my face is HUGE!! I am more swollen than yesterday and will be even more swollen tomorrow. Crazy! After tomorrow though, the swelling should go down. I can't even begin to explain how happy I will be once the swelling goes down. My bottom lip is huge! It hurts so bad! And every now and then my mouth will still bleed but at least m not constantly bleeding like yesterday. 

But before I begin talking about today I think I should mention a few things about last night. At about 3 am my IV got bent somehow and I had to get another one. It took about 4 tries to get a new IV and I just kept ice on my face all night. Since it took so long to get another IV, I got to talk to the techs and stuff for a while which took my mind off how uncomfortable my face felt. After another little while I was able to finally fall asleep! Thank goodness! 

This morning my docs stopped by and checked my bite. I can bite all the way down without it hurting too bad so they decided not to band up my teeth! YAY! Then once I could swallow most of what I shoved into my mouth and keep it down, well I was able to come home. So here I am. I have antibiotics, percocet, motrin 800 mg tabs, bacitracin for my lips, and mouthwash...since I can't brush for a few more days. Right now I'm watching Forrest Gump and chillin on the couch. I hope I will be able to get some pea soup down for dinner. Luckily that will be good tasting and followed by water shouldn't hurt too much. And hey tonight I can play mormon bridge to keep my mind off the swelling. Really, it doesn't hurt as bad as it looks like it would. Thats the good part. Anyways, I am going to go eat! Wish me luck! Enjoy the pics. Today is only Day One and swelling and bruising are still getting worse. By tomorrow night I believe that my neck will be completely bruised. Looking forward to the next few days, things will only get better!!

Thanks again for all the love and well wishes! I appreciate all of the support! It helps me stay focussed and remember that this part will not last forever. I had imagined all of this hurting a lot more too! At least I can handle it though. The med tech I had watchin me this morning saw me in regular clothes when I checked out and complemented my figure sayin I looked good and that this surgery is probably only going to make things better all around. Haha. A few of em said that I must be really pretty without the swollen cheeks. That made me feel better, I must admit. Well, I'm headin out for the night. Have a good one and dream of good days and belly laughs. 

~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment