Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 4




Today I have been a sunday snoozer. I slept so much today its crazy! Granted I needed every moment of it and am grateful for the time that I had. Ooooo and great news!! I have a new ability!! I can close my mouth!! YAY!!!! Before today I had been oozing and of course drooling like a mad person but today I can close and hold my mouth shut. I took pictures! Oh and I can kind of smile haha.  I mean at least it doesn't hurt to laugh as much now...man did I forget how funny the lion king is. Tarzan too. I watched a few disney movies today with my brother who also stayed home sick from church. 

I also discovered that the reason everything tastes weird is because the inside of my mouth is peeling. All that dead skin from surgery and such, is peeling off. I deal with peeling the skin off my lips every day now but its better since the swelling is down...but the inside, that makes me nervous. Luckily I have a tongue scraper which I have been using religiously the past two days. Thats as gross as it gets for today except that I think I have discovered stitches in my lower lip. I suppose that only makes sense but I just didn't realize what all was going on in there until today. 

My caloric intake today was much better than yesterday considering all I managed to get down yesterday was a yogurt cup, 2 cup of apple juice, 1 cup cranberry juice, and 1 cup chicken broth. No nearly enough for a day. But today haha, I stuffed down a vanilla Boost, several cups of water and juices, and spaghettios!! I have this idea that if I can fit it in my mouth, its soft enough you could gum it, then i can eat it! Tomorrow I get to have a smoothie and soup! yay! Honestly, I thought that this whole liquid/soft food diet would get old really fast but its not that bad. I eat less and sometimes what I eats tastes kinda funky but its not all that bad. At least its not all soupy...I mean I can eat cottage cheese! My favorite thing so far though is definitely yogurt, and I have never liked yogurt. haha. Tomorrow or Tuesday I get to go to the store and get some soft foods that I want!! YAY! I am so excited. I think I am going to get a lot of creamy soups. I am kinda tired of ground up foods. Hopefully my taste buds and mouth will get with the program and start letting me enjoy most of my food again. Who knows? 

Daddykins left today for Colorado, and he won't be back until Thursday. At the rate I am healing though, my swelling should be down far enough by Thursday that only those who know me well will know that I am swollen. That's what the doc said on Wednesday when I left the hospital. Bruising may continue to get worse but thats alright, I think its kinda cool. I have more battle scars haha. My grandpa made a comment today about how many pictures I have been taking of myself. But really can ya blame me? When in my life will my face and neck be like this again?? Hopefully never again but thats the point. I have to document. haha. It's kinda fun and it gives me something to do. 

Well thats it for tonight...i need to get some sleep. Have fun and thanks for reading. And remember to live happily, tell those who matter that you love them dearly, and have a few good belly laughs everyday. It helps. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment